Acupuncture is a medical procedure performed by a licensed acupuncturist as a specialty practice to treat various conditions in the past decades in US. There are basically two type theories to depends on when we treat patients: One is traditional acupuncture like regular body acupuncture, five elements acupuncture, which is more based on balancing Yin and yang, removing blocked Qi and harmonizing the disfunction of fourteen meridians and different organs; One is modern acupuncture, mixed with anatomy, physiology and new studies in medical field like scalp acupuncture, wrist-ankle acupuncture, electro acupuncture, trigger points acupuncture, auricular acupuncture…, to reduce muscles, ligament, tendons or joints tension, or to improve or suppress certain functions of the organs or inner endocrine glands by building up the blood flows, or regulating the tissues, organs, glands ‘activities. We are always combining different techniques to achieve best results for our patients.
The World Health Organization (WHO) recognizes the use of acupuncture in the treatment of a wide range of common illnesses including:
Upper Respiratory Tract
o Acute sinusitis
o Acute rhinitis
o Common Cold and Flu
o Acute tonsillitis
o Acute bronchitis
o Bronchial asthma (Most effective in children and uncomplicated conditions
o Acute conjunctivitis
o Central Retinitis Myopia (in children)
o Cataracts (without complications)
o Post Extraction Pain
o Acute and Chronic Pharyngitis
o Spasms of esophagus
o Acute and Chronic Gastritis
o Gastric Hyperacidity
o Chronic Duodenal Ulcer (pain relief)
o Acute Duodenal Ulcer (without complications)
o Acute and Chronic Colitis
o Acute Bacillary Dysentery
o Paralytic Ileus
Neurologic and Musculoskeletal Disorders
o Headache and Migraine
o Trigeminal Neuralgias
o Facial Palsy (early stage, i.e., within 3-6 months)
o Pareses Following a Stroke
o Peripheral Neuropathies
o Sequelae of Poliomyelitis (early stage, i.e., within 6 months)
o Meniere’s Disease
o Neurogenic Bladder Dysfunction
o Nocturnal Enuresis (bedwetting)
o Intercostal Neuralgia
o Cervicobrachial Syndrome
o Frozen Shoulder
o Tennis Elbow
o Low Back Pain
o Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
o Back and Knee Pain
o Chronic Fatigue
o Sports Injuries and Pains
Reproductive & Gynecological Conditions
o Premenstrual Syndrome
o Dysmenorrhea (menstrual cramps)
o Spotting and Excessive Bleeding
o Amenorrhea (Loss of Menstrual Period)
Mental Emotional Problems
The World Health Organization Interregional Seminar compiled the above list of illnesses that may benefit from acupuncture treatment. The list is only a partial list and is based on clinical experience, and not necessarily on controlled clinical research. The inclusion of specific diseases are not meant to indicate the extent of acupuncture’s efficacy in treatment, since all conditions may vary in severity and response.
In our clinic, for some patients acupuncture is good enough, while for others the best choices are the herbal remedies or the combination of both. Which method is best for you will all depend on overall evaluation conducted by Prof. Li based on your conditions, your tongue and pulse type and Prof Li’s judgment and knowledge. Some patients need body acupuncture only, some patients will find out that electro-acupuncture or ear acupuncture or moxa or cupping or herbal applications work together to achieve the best results. As to herbal therapy, there are more than 300 medical herbs with different properties, natures and functions in widely use and which can form a lot of formulas for various diseases.
In Prof. Li’s acupuncture clinic, with her rich clinical skills, you will receive the best treatment. Prof. Li successfully treats the following problems and disorders:
- All pain problems: sports injury, tendonitis, acute and chronic back pain, neck pain, arthritis, sciatica, trigeminal neuralgia, tennis elbow, headache, migraine, etc.
- Bell’s palsy(facial paralysis), hemi paralysis, myoparalysis, numbness, tingling, tinnitus, epilepsy, hyperactivity, autism.
- Allergies, asthma, sinusitis, urticaria, hay fever, bronchitis.
- Stress, depression, Insomnia , Fatigue, catch cold easily and frequently.
- Herpes, shingles, acne, eczema, hair loss, lupus.
- Hypertension, arrhythmia, coronary heart disease.
- Women’s problems: Infertility, menstrual disorder, dysmenorrheal, PMS, menopause, fibroid, cyst, Candida, repeated pregnancy loss, preparation for IUI or IVF.
- Impotence, prostates.
- Digestive problems: IBS, acid reflux, constipation, chronic diarrhea, colitis, hepatitis B,C.
- Quit Smoking, drug, alcohol, lose weight.
- Improve the life quality of the cancer patients, reduce the anti-side-effect of the chemo therapy, turn up, improve circulation, balance body systems.
- And more!
Please contact us to schedule an appointment.